How to help
The intention is that this book should be created by everyone – i.e. completely crowd-sourced.
Here are the tasks that need to be undertaken. Firstly, this is what celebrities need to do:
- Write 300 words about your favourite memory of Doctor Who and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or: agree to be interviewed about your memory of Doctor Who (which will then be transcribed for the book).
For the rest of us (who are not in the public eye), there’s plenty more to be getting on with:
- If you know, or meet, a celebrity, then please point them in the direction of the web site.
If you can draw, or paint, then please volunteer to contribute some artwork for the book.
- Help promote or PR the site or the book.
Help find a publisher for the book. Note: it is not the intention to self-publish.
- Help think of a title for the book.
Help add a nice design to this web site. Help code up a custom WordPress theme for this site.
- Help design and lay-out the book.
- Volunteer to proof-read and/or copy-edit the book.
- Distribute a press release about the project to the media.
Publishers! Do you fancy having this book on your list?
- Make an offer to publish the book.
- Bear in mind that the objective is to make as much money as possible for the charity.
- It is very unlikely (but not impossible) that it will be licensed by the BBC.
- You will need a top team to design, market and publicise the book.
No doubt there’ll be more tasks to add to the list as time goes on. Feel free to suggest ideas below.
Anyone who helps get the book on the shelves will have their name listed in a special section of the book.